Saturday, September 29, 2012

Guest Reviewer Week: Kristin Kim (@kasek61307) reviews Awaken Me by Emily Gossett


Awaken Me by Emily Gossett




After witnessing the horrific murder that was committed by her fiancée just days before their wedding, Aimee immediately flees from the life she knows. Lost in Greece, Aimee is inevitably and uncontrollably thrust into a supernatural world where she is terrified to learn what she really is. Crouching at every corner lies a new confusing memory that torments her from her previous life, while her feelings of love cease to die, but awaken more deeply for the mysteriously handsome stranger, who wants to rescue her. Battling the man, who she mistakenly still loves is a bigger conquest than imagined, but can she free her captured thoughts from the man who owns her? Facing the ultimate decision, to lose all humanity by becoming the weapon the Rogues desire most, or to destroy the creation of love. Can Aimee make the sacrifices needed to overcome deceit, love and her power that is irrepressibly blood thirsty?
(Amazon description)



Awaken Me is the story of Aimee, a young woman about to get married to Derek. She was told that six years ago, when she first met Derek and his mother, Elizabeth, she was recovering from an accident, during which she lost her mother, as well as her memory. However, she suddenly finds that all is not what it seems in her little world, and everything she thought she knew about herself gets thrown out the window in a hurry.

I really enjoyed this story, and it definitely held my interest from start to finish. Learning along with Aimee, about her past, who she actually is, about Derek and his family, was like a roller-coaster ride, and I couldn’t wait to see what happened on the next page. The supporting characters of Alec, Iva, and Marcus are all very fun to read about, as well, and I really like their interactions with one another, as well as with Aimee.

However, there were a couple times that I thought the story was rather repetitive, especially when Aimee talks about who she is, once she learns the facts. It seemed like every couple of chapters towards the end there was a “refresher course,” which would be good if you had set the book down for a while, but as I was reading it pretty much straight through, it did get slightly annoying to read the same thing over and over. It didn’t drag me down from enjoying the story, though, and I don’t think it was worth dropping a star from my rating.

All-in-all, I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes paranormal reads with a little revenge and romance thrown in the mix, and if you like a heroine who can kick butt, this one’s for  you! The sequel, Capture Me, is set to be released very shortly, so stay tuned if you enjoy this one!!

About the Reviewer

Hi all!! My name is Kristin Kim, and I'm up in Fairfax, VA (just outside Washington, D.C.). I'm married to my best friend (3 years on Oct. 10th, excitement!!), and we have a rambunctious Welsh Corgi named Bella (or Isabella Princess Kim, as she's officially known). I've been reading since I was 2 (that's what my babysitter/grandmother tells me), and I've never stopped; I'm always eager to get my hands on whatever book I can, and I read during pretty much every spare moment. I'm a fan of most genres (even got into Sci-Fi here recently, the joys of giveaways and reviews), but my favorite is anything paranormal, be it romance, horror, suspense, etc. I love to make new friends, so if you'd like to be part of my little world, feel free to add me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/kristin.kim.7) or follow me on Twitter (@kasek61307). Happy reading!! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment