Monday, May 24, 2010

Review: “Spirit Bound” by Richelle Mead


You know a book is good when you sacrifice sleep to get to the ending.  I can always count on Richelle Mead to keep me up nights and Spirit Bound totally delivered!  This is the fifth book in the Vampire Academy series.  WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!!!  I’ll do my best to hold back, but I can’t promise anything.

Rose and Lissa are on a mission to save find a way to turn Dimitri back into a Dhampir.  The problem is, everyone claims saving a Strigoi is impossible.  The only lead they have is Victor Dashkov, the sociopathic criminal currently serving a life sentence in a high security prison.  I’m not going to tell you what they did and what the results were, but I can say, I was on the edge of my seat all the way up to  the last sentence. 

With Spirit Bound, Richelle Mead becomes the Queen of the Cliffhangers!  The worse part of this book is knowing I have to wait until December to read the next one.  Seriously, Mead’s ending boarders on sadistic.  Don’t get me wrong, VA is one of my favorite series’ of all time and totally worth reading.  It is dark and emotional and violent.  The teenagers actually act like real teenagers – they break rules, sneak alcohol and have sex.  Mead doesn’t hold back and the results are amazing.  Spirit Bound does not disappoint! 

Overall, I give Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead…

Plot – 4 ½ bookmarks
Character Development – 3 ½ bookmarks
Love Story – 4 ½ bookmarks (Even though Spirit Bound is heart wrenching…)
Fight Scenes – 4 ½ bookmarks (Rose kicks serious ass & even Lissa gets in on the action!)
Age Appropriateness – 4 bookmarks (Depends on the kid, but this series might be a little dark for tweens.  Anyone 13 or over should be fine.)
Dream Cast (otherwise known as who I pictured while reading) – Rose (Sophia Bush), Lissa (Emily de Ravin),   Dimitry (Ben Barnes), Christian (Michael Steeger), Adrian (Ed Westwick)

1 comment:

  1. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete